Q. What do I have to do to become eligible?
A. Minimum Requirements for Employment
To ensure the delivery of safe and effective nursing care, we follow a detailed compliance program called the Nurse Credential Assurance Plan. You’ll find the highlights below.
Nurses employed by Progressive are required to meet certain minimum requirements for both hire and retention, prior to hospital or facility placement.
The documentation outlined below must be presented and evaluated prior to hire:
- Valid State licensure
- Valid CPR card
- Completed I-9 (2 forms of ID and citizenship or proof of US employment eligibility required)
- Pre-employment physical exam and subsequent annual statement of good health
- Negative PPD or, if positive or BCG, a negative chest X-ray as baseline and completion of annual questionnaire
- Current immunizations and/or titre levels
- Completed Progressive employment application
- Personal interview and skill level assessment
- 2+ years' experience in nursing, including 1 year in a specialty field
- Completed skills check list
- At least two professional references
- Competency exams for all clinical specialties
- Annual drug screening and criminal background check
- For a complete list of hiring documents, testing and medical records required, click here
All recruiting data is reviewed and evaluated by a Nurse Recruiter.