Q. Am I under any obligation after submitting my application to you?
A. Absolutely not. Your application is simply required to assess whether or not you are a candidate. We will register you in our system and when you are ready to commence an assignment, you are set to go!
Q. What do I have to do to become eligible?
A. Minimum Requirements for Employment: to ensure the delivery of safe and effective nursing care, we follow a detailed compliance program called the Nurse Credential Assurance Plan. You’ll find the highlights below.
Policy: Nurses employed by Progressive are required to meet certain minimum requirements for hire and retention, prior to hospital or facility placement.
Procedure: The documentation outlined below must be presented and evaluated prior to hire:
- Valid state licensure
- Valid BLS card
- Completed I-9 (2 forms of ID and citizenship or proof of US employment eligibility required)
- Pre-employment physical exam and subsequent annual statement of good health
- Negative PPD or, if positive or BCG, a negative chest x-ray as baseline and completion of annual TB questionnaire
- Current immunizations and/or titer levels
- Completed Progressive employment application
- Personal phone interview and skill level assessment
- 2+ years of experience in nursing, including 1 year in current specialty field
- Completed skills checklist
- Two clinical, professional references
- Competency exams for all clinical specialties
- Annual drug screening and criminal background check
- Fit Test, Flu, Tdap, Initial Resume, Tax Documents
For a complete list of hiring documents, testing requirements, and medical records required, contact our Recruiting Department at 703-750-1010 or 888-750-1012.
Evaluation: All recruiting data is reviewed and evaluated by a Nurse Recruiter.
Q. Does this cost me anything?
A. There is no registration fee.
Q. Do I need a new license for each state I travel to?
A. Each State has different rules and regulations. If it is a “compact state”, then you don’t need a new license. If you choose to work in a state that requires a new license, we will be sure to let you know and our compliance officer will assist you with this process.